Accessing Mac Partition Files

David Beverly yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jan 19 14:35:01 2003

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 03:26:44PM -0500, Neben Kabon wrote:
> Isn't there an issue with Apple's HFS+ filesystem and linux?  I believe you
> can only read and write to HFS?

What is needed is hfsplusutils, the rpm should be on the main install CD (it
is in YDL 2.2, it's on the YDL site at any rate - do 'rpm -q hfsplusutils'
to see if you already have it installed).  The documentation is, um,
lacking, to put it kindly, but the functions work pretty much the same as
their counterparts in hfsutils (try man hfsutils).  The first thing you'll
want to learn about is hpmount (the hfs+ equivalent of hmount).

I use these commands a lot to access the myriad hfs+ volumes I have (ah, the
joys of having a 9600 with 2 SCSI busses).  At one point I was working on a
shell and graphical shell to interface with hfsplus, much like hfs/xhfs,
maybe I'll pick up on that again, in some of my Copious Free Time (tm).

HTH,

~D

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL--