Accessing Mac Partition Files

Pat Dowling yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jan 19 20:27:01 2003

See the man page on the mount command.  There are several options that can
be specified with the -o flag, umask, uid and gid.  With these options set
it should fix the issue you are describing.

Here is a sample mount command that I use with Red Hat to mount fat
partition.

mount -t vfat /dev/hda5 /shared -o umask=007,uid=500,gid=500.

Once you get the mount command working properly you can put the values in
the fstab file to have the partition automatically mount.