Problems compiling programs distributed in TAR

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jan 23 04:38:09 2003

Hi you all,
I tried to compile some programs following the instructions on the
following hardware. Sure I'm not an expert about this kind of things, but I
had no problem using a Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-112, anywaty similar problems
occurred on a RH 7.2.

The messages are:
-----
sh ./configure
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
-----

and even after MAKE REPORT (for openssl) is compiler doesn't work, the
programs I need to compile are tn-5250, and openssl.

Do someone knows something about it?

This is my environment:

Apple G3 (Beige) with Yellowdog 2.3 installed.

gcc-2.95.4-4j
libgcc-3.0.1-0

glibc-2.2.5-42.2.3a
glib-1.2.10-5