Live Streaming with YDL

Drew Lane yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 24 08:41:01 2003

Bryan,

I spent way to much time trying to get Liveice to work on YDL with no
success.

Icecast does work very nicely, however.

The best solution I was able to come up with is to run liveice on my
intel box and
send the stream over to Icecast on my YDL box.  Works great.

I would still prefer to use liveice on YDL, but I haven't been able to
figure out how
to patch the (LAME) encoder so that you don't get a bunch of static.

You can contact me off the list if you want to to go over some of the
things I've tried.

Let us know if you decide to give Darwin Streaming Server a go...

Drew