new to the list

Neben Kabon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jan 26 13:57:01 2003

You won't find that much on Yellow Dog Linux or any other PPC based
Linux.  If you think about it, Mac users comprise a small percentage of
the over-all desktop users, and percentage of those users using Yellow
Dog Linux on Mac hardware is even smaller.

It does not mean that you won't find useful information in normal linux
magazines/journals.  Much of what applies to other versions of Linux
will apply to Yellow Dog Linux as well.  And of course, the YDL site has
some good technical resources.

I use Red Hat Linux on my Athlon desktop and Yellow Dog Linux on my
iBook.  Once they are installed there is little difference between them
for the average user.

I subscribe to both...

http://www.linuxmagazine.com/ and
http://www.linuxjournal.com/

O'Reilly publishes great technical manuals on Linux.

http://www.oreilly.com/