NTP server

Pat Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 31 12:46:01 2003

Shawn:

Two things off the top of my head to try:

On falcon, set the date/time using the date command then try using
ntpdate as a cron process to poll your gateway box. Sometimes, when the
date interval is too large, it seems that ntpdate cannot handle this
(nor could ntpd in older versions at least). If you get the time/date
reliably updated on an ongoing basis, then you should be good to go.

If not and falcon keeps slipping back to old dates, check the
motherboard battery on that box.

Pat

On Friday, Jan 31, 2003, at 12:01 US/Mountain, Shawn Dunn
<admin@dumpsterdivers.net> wrote:

> Actually, Debian/Sarge, and I get the following message when attempting
> to get my time synchronization from it:
>
> fairlane:~# ntpdate falcon
> 13 Jan 06:17:18 ntpdate[6831]: adjust time server 192.168.88.1 offset
> 0.432622 sec
> fairlane:~# date
> Sun Jan 13 06:17:47 PST 1935
>
> Now that isn't right, heres what the server thinks the date is:
>
> falcon:/etc/init.d# date
> Fri Jan 31 09:33:09 PST 2003
>
> Is this a configuration problem?  or is my machine just hosed?