NTP server

Pat Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 31 12:33:00 2003

Shawn:

It depends on your internal machines that you'd like to sync to the
gateway box running ntpd.

If they are running ntpd, then it should be simple to set up those
processes to poll the gateway computer. Alternatively, you could set up
a cron process to poll the gateway computer at a specified interval
with ntpdate. This is for linux/unix boxes, of course.

If the internal machines are Macs, then just point the Date & Time
network time sys pref  (OSX) or control panel (< OSX) to your gateway
box running ntpd.

If Windoze, you're on your own :) .

Should be pretty straightforward, unless I'm missing something in your
msg.

Pat
On Friday, Jan 31, 2003, at 09:45 US/Mountain, Shawn Dunn
<sfalken@dumpsterdivers.net> wrote:

> Hey there folks, I've got a question here, have a number of machines
> NAT'd behind a public IP, the gateway is pulling it's time
> synchronization from public stratum2 servers just fine, How do I make
> that same gateway system act as the NTP server for the rest of the
> internal machines?   obviously I can't forward the neccessary port to
> all machines, and having all the machines on the same page when it
> comes to time would sure be nice, and much more polite in general than
> using public servers for each machine.....
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.