Appletalk Services

eniac yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jan 31 16:30:00 2003

--------------020508040301080904030309

Try creating a line like this in afpd.conf

"server name" -transall -proxy -ipaddr 10.0.0.10 -port 12000
"server name" -noddp -ipaddr 10.0.0.10 -port 12000 -uamslist uams_dhx.so
-nosavepassword -defaultvol=/usr/local/etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.server_name

This is what I did when I had this problem.  My thinking was that my
hubbed not switched, very broken network as not reliable, and that
appletalk wasn't recovering well from dropped packets. I wanted to force
them appletalk over ip.  As much as I know, this basically made my os9
clients atalkoverip, and now they don't drop off nearly as much, (some
clients are now hanging around, logged in for days.  Thats what I
figured out would work on my clients, your results may vary.

Kyle.