no @

Stephen Lewis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 1 09:25:01 2003

> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:48:01 +0200
> Subject: no @
> From: Arno Bletzinger <a.b.z@gmx.net>
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>

> --Apple-Mail-4--776013672
>
> Hello!
> I just installed YDL 3.0 in my 2003 Tit PB, everything nice and perfect
> no problems, BUT:
> I can't get the @ on any sheet!?
> I have a german keybord, and I chose german during installation,
> changed to german latin1 post-installation, but - I can't send any mail
> without this sign.
> How can I type this sign?
> Thanks,
> Arno,
> Berlin

For some reason the installation has chosen the wrong keymap.
This is not a problem with YDL nor even with Linux,
you may have ANY key mapping you like so you may
as well make the mapping match the keyboard that you
are using. The mapping is done by the X-Window input device
try reading 'man keymaps' and search for a map for your
own keyboard. (first look on your own machine - you may
well have it already) look in '/usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/mac/'
then search the web, do 'man keyboard' to find out how
the input driver works and then modify '/etc/X11/XF86Config-4'
the way you want it. see also 'man XF86Config',

Stephen Lewis