iBook DVD

Micah Buckley-Farlee yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 1 10:50:01 2003

yes, you can use the DVDROM drive in YDL.
If there is no /dev/dvd, then find out what /dev/cdrom is linking to by
cd'ing into /dev and doing ls -l cdrom  .
then make a symlink called dvd linking to whatever cdrom linked to like
so:
ln -s [what cdrom linked to] dvd

you should now have /dev/dvd. as for playing dvd's, mplayer should do
the trick. It is available as an RPM, but has a huge group of
dependencies (all of the audio and video codecs) so it should
definitely be installed using yum. (It is in freshrpms.)

--Micah