iBook DVD & yum & video acceleration

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 1 23:41:01 2003

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I've just finished building
mplayer from source. Oh well, time to start again.

How the hell did I ever miss yum? I didn't know it existed. I've been
tinkering around a little with the apt-get tools because I'm used to
running Debian on PCs, but perhaps the package list is small or I have
it misconfigured as it rarely finds what I'm looking for. This yum
thing is actually doing what I want. And it's written in Python, so it
must be good. ha.

So, does anybody know if it's possible to use hardware acceleration
with the Rage128 Mobility (only 8Mb vram) in my iBook. The video config
tool in YDL3.0 shows the hardware acceleration option greyed out, but I
had this notion that I was using it in YDL2.2. Perhaps not.

Greg