/sbin/loader problems during install

Thierry de Coulon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 1 15:24:01 2003

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 19:30, Mike Haase wrote:
> My, albeit limited experience, with YDL 3.0 suggests that you should go buy
> some more memory. (...) When I log in I find that I'm using essentially all
> the physical memory.

MOre memory will always improve a GUI system. As to memory use, Linux commonly
uses as much memory as available to put objects in RAM. On my Athlon, running
KDE, Open Office and Gimnp with two pictures open (not very big) eats up
allmost 500MB - but I can start the same configuration on a laptop with only
256MB. So the fact that all your memory is used does not mean that you need
to have that much (but it sure speeds things up).

Thierry

--
Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse.