Compiling the kernel

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 2 07:21:01 2003

Ken:
The following steps work for me:
1) make clean
2) make mrproper
3) make xconfig (load desired config file)
4) make dep
5) change Makefile EXTRAVERSION if unique kernel
6) make vmlinux
7) make modules
8) make modules_install
9) change yaboot.conf to describe the build
10) ybin
11) re-boot - find where you screwed up in xconfig - return to step 3 -
repeat

Regards,
Bruce