PPC 8500/150 running ?Newtech? G# processor

Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 2 13:59:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-4--588061444

Hi Rick

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 07:14  PM, Rickard E wrote:

>> Well, I don't know if the present version supports it, but on my
>> PowerBook I do not have any Mac OS residue. The HD was wiped, I
>> booted from the YDL2.3 CD and installed according to the suggestions.
>> Those included creating a small HFS partition for boot-up purposes. I
>> did as suggested and it worked excellently - it's an YDL-only
>> PowerBook now. Since Apple has chosen to create models with a number
>> of small but important hardware differences, (weird quirks, IMHO)
>> this may not work on all models, I suppose. My PB is a G3, "Bronze",
>> I think.

Yes, this how it works on NewWorld machines, and the Bronze is a
NewWorld (I own one by myself running at 333MhZ).

Chris has an OldWorld machine what makes things a bit more complicated
and different (for a Windoze used user).

Thomas
--Apple-Mail-4--588061444

Hi Rick