metacity

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 2 18:32:01 2003

I'm using Gnome with the default window manager, Metacity.

I haven't used Metacity before, I'm accustomed to using Gnome/Sawfish
or just plain WindowMaker, but I'm warming to it.

I've tried to find some information. The project home page referred to
at the Gnome site and on Freshmeat is just an ftp link to a tarball of
the source. Does anybody know anything about the project? I get the
impression it might be sponsored by Redhat and Havoc Pennington's name
has popped up in a few Google searches.

What are other people's impression of Metacity? I think it looks great
but it seems slower than Sawfish and it doesn't seem as configurable,
though that might just be a lack of options exposed in the GUI tools.

Greg Hamilton