Install hangs, what gives?

Abe Thurtell yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jul 6 18:54:01 2003

Forgive me for being a complete newbie. yellowdoglinux.com suggested
this was the list to join for help.

I downloaded the ISOs and burned them, but I can't boot from disc 1.
The last message displayed is something about /sbin/loader, and then it
just sits there until I forcefully reboot. This is on a Power Mac G4
MDD of last August vintage. It had an extra CD-ROM drive in it that
came from an old Compaq, but removing it didn't help, and other than
that its only aftermarket extras--inside or out--are two hard drives.
All Apple hardware on the outside--monitor, keyboard, mouse--and a
GeForce4 Ti graphics card. The images are the ones currently available
at ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com, with the one in question dated May 30.

Any ideas?

--
Abe Thurtell