airport tx errors

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 7 01:04:01 2003

I'm successfully networked using Airport on my 500Mhz dual usb iBook
running YDL3.0.

However, I'm seeing some transmit errors. 512 errors for 34984 packets
over the last 7 hours of fairly light network use. The base station is
less that one metre from the iBook and I don't see these problems
running OSX so I assume it's a config problem.

I know it sounds like a very small ratio of errors to good packets, but
it's actually pretty irritating. I've been logged into the iBook from
my desktop machine, running X11 to use a few Linux apps on my OSX
desktop. Every once in a while the apps become completely unresponsive
for a few seconds. I've checked logs, watched the output of top, etc.
to make sure that nothing is happening when the apps freeze. The only
thing I can find is that the TX error count seems to increment by 1
each time it happens.

This doesn't happen if I connect from the laptop to other systems, it's
only inbound connections.

Is anybody else seeing anything like this?