Install hangs, what gives?

Abe Thurtell yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 8 10:33:01 2003

On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 01:30  AM, Pietro Pesci-Feltri C. wrote:

> May be your image are corrupted. try to verify the images with md5sum.
>
> I think this problem (corrupted download) was solved downloading via
> http
>

> Pietro Pesci-Feltri C.

I redownloaded Disc 1 from a mirror via HTTP, and it hangs at exactly
the same time. The whole scrolling-text thing goes until the line
"running /sbin/loader", then the cursor blinks on the next line for a
few seconds, and finally the cursor stops and there's no further
activity.

It's almost as if it goes through death throes. The cursor says, "I
think I'll go for a walk!" and then I hit it over the head with the
power button.

--
Abe Thurtell