different behavior for RPM dependency handling between yum andapt

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 11 17:05:01 2003

It seems to me that ("obsoletes" loop) is a configuration error
that yum should be checking for and complaining about -- so
somebody can do something about it!  Not a "fact of life" that
should cause the designers to drop an important feature.

But I'm not on the yum design team, so what do I know?  Maybe after
I retire I'll have time to work on this kind of stuff...

Enjoy!

Rick