LaTeX on YDL 3.0

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 11 22:03:01 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 04:14:05PM -0500, tvawter@ydl.net wrote:

> Does anyone know how to typeset with LaTeX on YDL?
>
> On OS X I have used TeXShop and iTeXMac for the past year and a half.

I use it all the time.  As others have mentioned the YDL distributions
come with rpms for tetex (install _all_ of the tetex rpms, you want
the documentation as well).  Personally I avoid the rpm distributions
and install from the TeXLive distribution, but that means I have to
compile the applications myself.  I believe the current rpm
distributions are quite good, but at one stage there were problems
reported frequently to the comp.text.tex newsgroup.

For a front end I use emacs with the auctex package installed, see
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/, this gives a good front end
particularly with the font-lock syntax highlighting.  There are
several other useful emacs packages: preview-latex and RefTeX are
referenced on the auctex site mentioned earlier and are great add-ons.

--
Stephen Harker                           Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics and Materials Engineering