Wireless problem with YDL 3.0

George H. Yeager yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 15 16:00:01 2003

Patrick:

I hope you do better than I have done.  I have an 800MHz 12 inch iBook2.
  Wireless appears to be unsupported on my machine.

The error you are reporting appears to mean nothing.  I've seen in in
SuSE, Red Hat, and YDL.  The wireless extensions are present in your
kernal with YDL 3.0.  I'm still trying to get my wireless going (about
two months now), but there seems little hope.  My present approach is
based upon Howland's recent Airport script posts, but I suspect machine
architecture changes that have broken a driver.  YDL support can't
figure it out.  I've also tried OpenBSD on this machine.  It won't fire
up the internal Airport card either (tends to support the hardware
argument).  Still, I don't want to give up yet.  Airport _Extreme_ cards
are acknowledged not to work anywhere, by the way.

George