vlc or something else?

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 21 01:33:01 2003

Scott Strungis wrote :

> What can I use for DVD video playback?  I have installed "everything" on
> my ibook from my ISOs and I do not seem to have any sort of video player.

For DVDs, I'd recommend using ogle (with eventually ogle_gui). You'll also
need libdvdread and libdvdcss for it to work.

You can get it from here (through apt or yum too):
http://ayo.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/3.0/ppc/RPMS.freshrpms/

If you're looking for more than just a DVD player, you can try mplayer or
xine (or gxine, totem). For a quick summary of each's features:

http://freshrpms.net/docs/dvd/

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030718 running Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.1.2013.nptl
Load : 0.30 0.15 0.18