Looking for Mac powerbook 3400 users

thom phillabaum yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 22 00:44:01 2003

I recently installed yd3.0 on my powerbook 3400 and have two questions:

1) according to Yellow Dog's hardware page
(http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=4),
sleeping is listed as supported on the 3400. After I put the machine to
sleep the video display is hosed upon waking it up and nothing seems to fix
it short of rebooting the machine. Am I just running without some patch or
update that fixes the problem? Can I fix it by simply doing an "apt-get
update (etc)"?

2) It also says "modem: Yes" but again, I can't get it to work. I set the
modem device to be /dev/ttyS0 but it says it can't communicate with the
modem in the log files.

Does anyone with a 3400 have any tips on getting this to work or are the
yellow dog pages incorrect and these two features really aren't supported?

Thanks for your time,
thom