knoppix and gentoo-live on B&W (some tests)

mamonbbux yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 22 08:43:01 2003

on my blanblou_1 & blanblou_2 (2 B&W) i've quickly tested:

- knoppix-mid-ppc_fr :
--> very beautiful, all these colors when dmesg is on its writing!
--> very hard/long, with a plenty of "clik-clik" to find how to startx
--> kde came... slowly... very slowly... oulala !o(
--> all beautiful, I like their graphik choice,
--> at once french'mode, super !
--> but I'm not root, and I can't remember the knoppix "mode d'emploi"
and all is so long... you type [shell]$ tip-tip and it makes a millioum
of seconds before you see the t (the first one)
After this very few I've had the patience to wait for, I'm feeling like
installing this knoppix and re-try making all tests when it's quicker.

- gentoo-live-ppc (option kde)
--> I've had to do a pretty few [shell]$ guess before startx
--> the french-keyboard's choice is not welcome, obviously.
--> ok now it's started_X... but apart from three shells opened (who
asked¿), nothing to start an application. I mean, no menu button.
--> so I asked the shell... several things before finding the command to
run a graphic desktop
--> a strange one, I'd say.
--> here I'm root from the beginning, so I should be able to do some
config'... but I'd rather test a gentoo-ppc with the distrib installed.

These 2 cd-live could be used to mount and fix a "disturbed" volume.

Speaking of "disturbation" : after these 2 boots from cd :
- when I boot "normally" on my ydl-3, now dmesg gives me an error
concerning one of my swap volume. I didn't have before, I'm sure of that

~~~~
<:o)
bisouxxxxxxbbxxxxxxxxx b-:-b
[bb@bbux bb] killall VIH | no need to su to do so