Installing YDL 3.0 without re-initializing disk

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 22 12:28:01 2003

At 10:53 -0700 on 2003-7-22 Tyler Kelly wrote:

 > However, I was scared and did not go any farther with this -- I
 > cancelled the installation before starting the actual partitioning
 > process, because I was afraid it might erase my entire hard disk.

I have used pdisk many times to modify my partitions exactly as you
want to do (i.e., erase one partition and create some other(s) in the
thus deallocated space).  The process never messed up with the other
partitions.  I would assume that the RH utility would behave in the
same maner.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.