DVD Playing [was: pismo Qs/short rant]

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 22 18:36:01 2003

On Tue Jul 22 2003, Greg Hamilton wrote:

> Xine works well but I can't find any way to use the DVD menus or to do
> chapter selection. So I can watch the DVD intro and then the menu
> screen loops endlessly, though with a really good frame rate. This, I
> suspect, is due to user error. I just need to read the manual again.

xine is my personal recommendation for a general media and DVD player.
Do you have libdvdcss installed (current version is 1.2.7), which enables
playing of encrypted DVDs (i.e. most commercial DVDs)?  If so you should
be able to just click on the menu buttons in the video window to play
the DVD.

						-Bill