yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #985 - 7 msgs

thom phillabaum yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 22 23:50:00 2003

Actually, pressing the power button is how I've been putting it to sleep
(usually by accident when reaching for the delete key). The problem is the
sleep/wake-up process. When it wakes up the video is hosed. You'll see what
used to be the upper left part of the screen blown up about 4 times and
overlayed with other parts of the video ram image, plus the color map seems
screwed up too. Hmmm, I hadn't checked the depth of the screen. Just did an
experiment. Was in 16-bit display mode, the video card wakes up apparently
in scrambled 8-bit mode. Tried running and sleeping in 8-bit mode and the
display comes back in 8-bit mode (with screwed up colormap) but the display
is frozen otherwise... typing "reboot" blindly doesn't seem to do anything.
This is a powerbook 3400c.

thom