yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #985 - 7 msgs

Ron Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 23 02:08:01 2003

Hrmmmm, well, I don't know what to suggest to fix the problem, but, I
think I can save you from having to do a complete reboot.

If you do a <control><option>backspace it should kill the X server and
drop you to a prompt. You can then type startx and restart the X server.
If for some reason that doesn't work you can switch consoles
<control><option><f-key> to get a terminal, log in, and restart the X
server.

I know those are not very elegant solutions, nor do they fix the
problem, but hopefully it will be quicker than a full reboot.

-Ron