How to get Mozilla to work with JavaScripts?

Phil D. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 23 15:10:01 2003

I used yum to install j2re.  It does add a symbolic link for
javaplugin_oji.so in:

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so

You might need to copy the link (or just make a new one) in the correct
mozilla dir for your version, such as:

/usr/lib/mozilla-1.4/plugins/javaplugin_oji.so

Phil in MI

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:17:57 -0700
From: Tyler Kelly <tylerkelly@mac.com>
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: How to get Mozilla to work with JavaScripts?

I have successfully installed Yellow Dog on my G4 cube, but the Mozilla
browser doesn't run JavaScripts on web sites because the required plugin
is not installed. Does anyone know if there is a plugin available?

I downloaded and installed the IBM Java Virtual Machine -- using yum --
but it doesn't seem to come with a Mozilla or Netscape plugin.