DVD Playing [was: pismo Qs/short rant]

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 23 19:33:00 2003

I went hunting for xinedvdnav, which lead to libdvdnav which wasn't
installed. I've yumed it. Still no 'nav' button, though as you say I
shouldn't expect one. Don't have a DVD handy to test it but I'm
expecting positive results.

I don't have any old copies of Xine installed. I've been trying to
avoid building things from source where I can. Just using yum and
apt-get for package management. This makes finding out what's installed
and removing things much easier. And of course it means I know exactly
which version of Xine I have installed and I can't have two versions
simultaneously installed. Theoretically at least. Depends how well that
package maintainers do their stuff I suppose.

Greg