DVD Playing [was: pismo Qs/short rant]

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 23 19:01:01 2003

On Tue Jul 22 2003, Patrick Smith wrote:

> Greg Hamilton wrote:
> > I used yum to install Xine and I believe it picked up all the
> > dependencies. libdvdcss is definitely installed. DVDs play correctly up
> > to the normal menu screen. However, I'm not having any luck selecting
> > the 'Play Movie' or equivalent function on any of the admittedly very
> > few discs I've tried so far.
>
> In the list of buttons for media types, do you have a NAV buttion as
> well as a DVD button?
>
> If so, try playing the movie with NAV instead of DVD.
>
> If not, try installing xinedvdnav.

That's ancient history.  With any moderately recent xine, libdvdnav is
included with xine-lib, and there is no separate NAV button.  Assuming
you have libdvdcss, all you should need to do is press the DVD button
and follow the menus.  One thing to check is to make sure you don't
have any older versions of xine laying around on your system.  If you
do, make sure to remove all traces of them.

						-Bill