Just Curious: Which Mail Client Do You Use?

J. De Salvo yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 25 20:40:01 2003

Hi,

On Mac OS X, it's a non-issue. I use Mailsmith 2.0. However, I've yet to
find a mail client for Linux with which I'm completely comfortable.

Started out with KMail, but as I prefer Gnome, I thought it better to
find a Gnome Mail client. (I know that Kmail runs on Gnome, but I'd like
to keep the spirit of Gnome and use a Gnome native client.)

After Kmail, I switched to Mutt. A nice mailer, but a bit complicated
for someone used to extracting enclosures from a GUI client. After Mutt,
which I used for months, I tried Balsa and then Sylpheed, but I found
these wanting for various reasons. At present, I'm using Evolution 1.4,
but this seems a bit overkill for my needs.

I've thought about using Mozilla's built-in mail client, but I don't
like all-in-one applications, so I'm having a tough time warming up to
it, though I like what I see in Mozilla's mail client. I've looked at
Mozilla.org's Thunderbird, but as far as I can tell, it's still in early
release (and I can't afford to lose e-mail) and seems geared toward
intel Linux.

So...what mail client do you folks use, and why do you prefer that
client over against another?

Thanks for reading. I look forward to your responses.

Take care,

Joe

--

J. De Salvo