PowerComputing Clone with CD-ROM issues on YDL Install

Stefan Jeglinski yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 26 23:31:01 2003

>Just an update; I've re-formatted all three of my HDD's and started the 3.0
>install over from scratch. No matter what I try, the YDL Installer says it
>can't see the CDROM Drive.

Any solution to this? I'm seeing the same thing, but unlike other
posters have pointed out, I have a genuine Apple CDROM in my
PowerTowerPro.

I get the same result (no CDROM), and I also had 2.3 installed fine,
without this sort of problem.

Bottom line, I suspect YDL has a bug in the 3.0 installer, and they
should remove the appropriate machines from the supported list until
they resolve this.

I knew there was a reason I quit buying YDL on CD :-0

Stefan Jeglinski