sound card recogintion?

Jonathan Segel yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 29 15:10:01 2003

i'm bumping my own question here, because several people have emailed
me with the same problem and wondered if i ever got a response and
sorted it out. but no, haven't been able to get anywhere with getting
the system to recognize the sound card. how can i do it?

>From: Jonathan Segel <jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com>
>Subject: how can i get back to kudzu?
>
>i just reinstalled YDL 3.0 on a mac 8500, mostly because my first
>install lacked any dev tools that i need to compile some audio apps i
>want to try.
>the first install, mostly the desktop minimum, went fine and at first
>run launched kudzu whcih wanted to confirm that the Apple DMA sound
>card was the sound out.
>(the second install died trying to add server apps, so i excised those)
>third install which included more dev libs to compile things went
>fine, but first run says no sound card is detected. trying to launch
>any KDE sound detection can't find it, says /dev/dsp doesn't exist..?
>how can i rerun kudzu or something to make it know that the onboard
>sound card is still there?
>--
>_

Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
               4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
   jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite@yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com
    tel (510) 534 7825  cell (510) 484 7415  fax (425) 955 4495