Customizing YDL

Ben Hall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 30 09:48:01 2003

Does anyone on the list know how one would go about customizing YDL's
default desktop?  Specifically, I'm looking to do things like:

1) Get rid of the some applets (and maybe add my own)
2) Set a default wallpaper
3) Set default desktop icons
4) Set default panel icons (get rid of Presentations, add the terminal
etc.)
5) Stop Gnome from asking to shut down/reboot on exit

I'm mostly looking at changing this stuff for Gnome, but KDE would be
nice too. I was expecting this to be in /etc/skel, but it's not.  I then
looked in the rest of /etc, but couldn't find anything helpful (which
doesn't mean it's not in there.;-)

Thanks for any help,

Ben