screen brightness and sound volume

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 30 17:40:02 2003

The daemon pbbuttonsd handles the functions for all the special
iBook/PowerBook buttons for brightness, volume and cd eject. It also
handles power management. It can be configured to dim the display after
a period of inactivity, put the machine to sleep, spin down the
hard-disk, etc.

The default settings for pbbuttonsd, including initial brightness and
volume are stored in /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf. There's a man page for
pbbuttonsd which contains more information.

Greg