screen brightness and sound volume

Jason DeVita yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 30 13:53:01 2003

Hi,

When I boot up YDL on my ibook, it defaults to having the screen
brightness turned all the way up, and also to have the sound on.  I can
turn the sound off manually, and turn down the brightness manually; but it
would be nice if I could get it to boot up with the sound turned off, and
the brightness low.  I realize I can get configure X windows to behave
this way, but I would like to have it work even when I'm not running X
windows.  Is there a command-line command that can control sound volume
and screen brightness?

As you can tell, this is not a terribly pressing issue, but any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason