Firewire CD-RW...

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 1 08:00:01 2003

Hi Dylan,

On Sun Jun 1 2003, Dylan wrote:

> I have downloaded the up-to-date ieee1394, but haven't had time to
> update the drivers yet.<br>

First, please stop using HTML e-mail.

When you use the latest SVN ieee1394 drivers, you will have to run
rescan-scsi-bus.sh after doing the "modprobe sbp2" (BTW I just sent
in a patch to fix the dv1394 endianness bugs that kept it from working
on PPC).  As a very last resort, if all else fails, you can try adding
the following line to your /etc/modules.conf file and then reloading
the sbp2 module.

options sbp2 sbp2_force_inquiry_hack=1

This will enable a workaround for certain braindead hardware
that otherwise won't work.

Of course, make sure you have SCSI support built into your kernel
or as a module (CONFIG_SCSI/scsi_mod), and also support for your
type of SCSI device, which in your case I believe would be SCSI
generic (CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG/sg).  This should either be built into
your kernel (as I believe they are with the distributed YDL 3.0
kernel) or should show up in your lsmod output.

						-Bill