dialup under 3.0??

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 1 11:57:01 2003

	Under 2.3, *after* a local ISP had walked me through connecting
to a dialup under OSX and it worked, I did my damndest to use the info
to make YDL connect -- and couldn't do it. Neither could anyone online
who tried to help. (At that bandwidth, I can't handle this list, alas!)

	I tried under KDE, and under the redhat gnome dialer, and
everything I could find in the 2.3 manual and on the web. Never did get
it to work. I soon learned to detest OSX, which was all I could use.

	Now I want to try again, this time *before* I go back there, and
get 3.0 all set up, either to use the airport base station I left there
as i left it, or to update it if need be, or ideally not only to update
it, but to switch to a new ISP. (Speakeasy, which I've heard much good
of in Northern Virginia, is offering a national dialup with shell,
payment fo which will count toward a DSL account with them when one
becomes available. I'll gladly switch to Speakeasy when it gets to
Western Virginia (*not* WV!), where I am now, and also in East Tennessee
if/when it ever does get there. So I'll take that offer while it lasts,
if I can.)

	Has anyone managed to establish a dialup account with 3.0 at
all? Any hints -- or even recipes? I'm running a G3 iBook, and will plug
it into a phone jack if I have to -- but it sure would be a lot nicer to
be able to use that apple wireless hub ...

--
Beartooth Implacable <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
FREE at last: Retired to the Mountains, No Mortgage