dialup under 3.0??

David Chart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 1 14:24:01 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-01 at 18:57, Beartooth wrote:

> 	Has anyone managed to establish a dialup account with 3.0 at
> all? Any hints -- or even recipes? I'm running a G3 iBook, and will
plug
> it into a phone jack if I have to -- but it sure would be a lot nicer
> be able to use that apple wireless hub ..

Yes, but only with the phone jack. I've got a 12" G4 PB, and the
wireless card in those is completely unsupported. So, I can't help with
wireless. However, I think the G3 iBooks use the same Conexant modems as
my PB, so the instructions I posted on May 2nd should work. The subject
is "Modem Working on 12" G4 Powerbook". Check the archives for it.

Be warned, you have to compile a new kernel...

Good luck.

(This may appear twice; I posted it from the wrong account first time
around.)

--
David Chart
http://www.dchart.demon.co.uk/