static noise and buzzing on YDL

David Orlovich yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Jun 1 17:33:01 2003

Hi Yellowdog people.  I'm running YDL3 quite successfully on a flower
power iMac and have noticed that there is a constant static noise coming
from the speakers.  This noise is amplified by moving the mouse (a blue
Microsoft USB Optical mouse) - actually moving the mouse creates a
buzzing sound which is in adition to the static background noise - and
also there is buzzing when different things are going on on the screen -
some screen saver modules for example are particularly noisy.  It's
quite strange and becoming annoying!  When the machine is booted in Mac
OS X there is no noise at all.  I briefly had YDL 2.3 installed a month
or so ago and I noticed the noise then too - so it's not this particular
version.

Has anyone experienced a similar thing or have any suggestions for a
workaround?

Cheers, David.