Intel 82554GC based card support...

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 2 14:47:01 2003

I think I had the e1000 driver working with an Intel 82554GC controller,
before we upgraded to newer Pro1000/XT and Pro1000/MT GigE NICs (they're
only a little more than a $100 a piece IIRC).

						-Bill

P.S.  There may be multiple versions of the 82554GC, as the e1000 driver
      makes reference to E1000_DEV_ID_82544GC_COPPER and
      E1000_DEV_ID_82544GC_LOM, although there are no different
      code paths in the driver for the two types.