Apple clones

Bondtrails yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 2 17:25:00 2003

Lets not assume the Athlon (or IA32 chips in general) are faster than
G3s or G4s so quickly. Remember, the ia32 platform has front side bus
speeds of 533Mhz. Apple platforms still sputter along at 166Mhz. So
yes, system-wide the non-PPC platform is faster. However, the story may
be a bit different with respect to the chips alone.

--Bondster!