PCMCIA problem in YDL 3.0 on Lombard

Afshin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 3 19:45:00 2003

Hello,

I just installed YDL 3.0 on a PowerBook G3 Lombard - I chose the
Workstation installation and did not modify any package selections.   So
far everything seems to work except for PCMCIA.  Checking the boot.log
there is the following entry:

Starting pcmcia: succeeded

However,  lsmod does not show any pcmcia modules and the command
"cardctl ident" returns the following:

no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices

Also, as per advice I read somewhere on this issue, I made the following
changes in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts

#Original setting:
#include memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff
#include port 0x100-0x1ff

#New settings:
include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x1000-0x17ff
include memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff

That did not help either.  What am I missing?  I would have thought that
all necessary modules would've been installed, is that not the case?  Do
I need to compile a kernel with different options?

Thanks.

Afshin