PHP and MySQL in YDL 3.0

Leaman Crews yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 3 20:18:00 2003

I'm hoping it's just my ignorance, but am I missing something in making
PHP talk to MySQL in YDL 3.0?

Both are working fine independently of each other, as is Apache, but
after installing phpMyAdmin, I get the message "cannot load MySQL
extension, please check PHP Configuration."

I guess I was expecting php's "built-in support" for MySQL to take
over, but obviously I am in need of a MySQL extension.  Looking in
php's extension directory, (/usr/lib/php4), the only extensions are for
imap and ldap.

So either I'm missing something, or Yellow Dog is missing something
that will prevent PHP and MySQL making magic together?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.