PHP and MySQL in YDL 3.0

William Carty yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 3 20:27:00 2003

How did you install PHP?  "Built-in support" is only built-in if you
build it in... If installing from source, you'll need to recompile with
mysql support (--with-mysql)... If in doubt, throw up a test page with
<?php phpinfo(); ?> & look for the "mysql" section.

Good luck.

Will

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf
Of Leaman Crews
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 10:19 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: PHP and MySQL in YDL 3.0

I'm hoping it's just my ignorance, but am I missing something in making
PHP talk to MySQL in YDL 3.0?

Both are working fine independently of each other, as is Apache, but
after installing phpMyAdmin, I get the message "cannot load MySQL
extension, please check PHP Configuration."

I guess I was expecting php's "built-in support" for MySQL to take
over, but obviously I am in need of a MySQL extension.  Looking in
php's extension directory, (/usr/lib/php4), the only extensions are for
imap and ldap.

So either I'm missing something, or Yellow Dog is missing something
that will prevent PHP and MySQL making magic together?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.