PHP and MySQL in YDL 3.0

William Carty yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 3 21:04:01 2003

Since I don't actually run php on YellowDog, I'm just giving you some
general info here.  You'll probably want to check to see if the
php-mysql package is installed... Something like "rpm -q php-mysql"
should tell you.  If not, look for the package on the CD, install it and
then restart Apache (you could also download it here:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=php-mysql)

You'll probably also want to double check your php.ini file to make sure
the mysql module is listed, look for something like "extension =
mysql.so".

Good luck.

Will

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf
Of Leaman Crews
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 10:38 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: PHP and MySQL in YDL 3.0

Yes, I forgot to mention, I didn't install php per se, I'm just running
of a fresh install of YDL 3.0.

The php info script returns that mysql support has been compiled,
specifically:
	--with-mysql=shared,/usr

Does anybody know if this is an incorrect configuration for Yellow Dog?
Should I download the source and recompile?

Thanks again,

Leaman