postgresql-7.2.3-5.80 error

Harold Shanafield yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 3 22:49:01 2003

I am trying to do a routine insert into a table in
psql and I am getting a ERROR:  parser: parse error at
or near ";".  When I try to submit the insert via php
I get a record inserted, but all of the fields are
blank.  I've found some cryptic references to the
error, but nothing to explain it, or more importantly
on how to fix it.  Seems like a pretty fundamental
error.  Does anybody use postgresql?  Anybody know
what's going on?  Running postgresql-7.2.3-5.80.

Thanks,
Harold