Apple clones

chip yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 4 07:31:01 2003

I agree with your evaluation of the current state of the industry,
everything at work is x86 or UltraSparc, my point, and I may not have made
this clear, is that "awfully slow" is subjective . . .
Most users will not notice a significant difference between a modern
machine and one that is three years old . . . especially if you are using
it as a learning system or even a low end server running linux.  Most
peoples needs are fair less than the horsepower provided, so save some
money . . .

FWIW,
Chip