Install Single HD YDL only Blue G3 won't yaboot

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 4 07:54:00 2003

Ned:
For reasons unknown it seems that the MAC NV Ram is either not
directing the boot process to use the elf file on your boot
partition(that should have been created by mkofboot at installation).
simultaneously.  When the open firmware screen appears try typing
'printenv'.  This should give you a screen full of NV ram settings.
The one you are interested in is 'boot-device='.  This should describe
the partition containing your boot code and yaboot.conf.  (something
like ultra:6,\\:tbxi) If this is set properly then the boot partition
probably didn't get created correctly.  There are some pretty good docs
concerning the mac/linux boot process.  You might look at
  http://penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/yaboot-howto.shtml/

Regards,
Bruce